Are you a Data Science student? Spring 24
who is looking for an AI/ML focused internship or a case for your thesis or project
We’re looking for a data science-student with an interest in financial mathematical tools and financial data and a desire to join us on our mission to optimise our users' savings over time. You’ll be joining a small startup on a mission. We want to ensure ordinary people make the most of their hard earned salaries. We understand our customers, we understand their pain, and we are passionate about helping them.
We are looking for a student, who would like to join a ML/AI project where given user input data, calculated data as well as output from our user we aim to test and prototype various clustering and classification algorithms (for instance k-means for clustering and k-nearest neighbors and random forest for classification) to better predict user behavior and streamline the user journey. This would initially be built and tested using Scikit-Learn and then later implemented as a web service. The goal of this web API is to support several use cases, i.e. targeted emailing of users as well as specific front end elements targeting the specific user groups for a more tailored experience.
Working at Dreamplan
- Dreamplan was founded by Simon & Stine, who have many years of experience in successfully managing customer oriented innovative software development in the financial sector.
- Philip is our Lead Data Scientist and holds a financial engineering degree from DTU. He has +10 years experience with financial modeling and financial advisory systems.
- Lars is our CTO. He has +20 experience as full stack developer and tech lead. We have a team of very smart front- and backend developers, financial advisors, designers, communication and marketing specialists and researchers who have developed our product
- We don’t just say that we are agile. We continuously make small changes and test them.
- We received our financial licenses from the Danish FSA in September 2022.
What we are looking for
- You can start the internship or project by January/February 2024.
- The internship or thesis should be part of your studies and is unpaid. We hire our interns in paid student positions (10-20 hours/week) if there is a good match after the internship period has ended.
- We’re looking for someone who get energy out of further developing our own financial calculations as well as the integrations with 3rd party calculations and data providers
- You will be working in a small team with loads of independence and with colleagues who wants to make a positive difference in society by optimising and improving savings for everyone
- Work when you work best. We have flexible hours to enable you to work at your best
- Please keep in mind we're only looking for students who are looking for internships as a part of their studies
Why should I apply?
- You’ll be joining a small fintech startup with an open and collaborative team where you’ll be heard and get to make a difference
- You’ll be joining a team of both front- and backend developers as well as financial advisors, design, ux and communications specialists passionate about optimizing savings as a way to the good life for our customers
- You’ll be entering the company at an early stage, and therefore have the ability to bootstrap your carrier
- We speak both English and Danish in the team and we are all working from where we work best (be is Lissabon, Vejle, Mumbai, Gudhjem, Copenhagen or our sofa). We have offices in Copenhagen and you are welcome apply for the job in Danish or English
- Interest in/knowledge of financial mathematical tools and financial data
- Knowledge of or desire to learn of C#
- Knowledge or desire to learn of API integration
- Getting energy from building and improving the algorithms which feed into the customer-facing web experience
- You are adaptable and creative and find improvement and learning fun
- Show us something you’re proud of (projects from uni, share code, Github projects, etc.)
- The internships or thesis should be part of your studies
- Experience with AWS
- An understanding of good UX and the ability to emphasize with our customers and use your knowledge to participate in product development